Family Support and Parenting Programs
- Bridges for Youth and Families, Hillside Children's Center
120 W. State St., 3rd floor, Ithaca, NY 14850
275-0067 (24 hrs/day)
Confidential individual and family counseling to help families in conflict and/or kids who run away from home. Emergency short-term housing when available, information and referral, advocacy.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
615 Willow Ave., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Education and information on parenting, child development, and managing household finances; many different parenting programs.
- Afterschool and summer activities for teens through their Rural Youth Services.
- Community Dispute Resolution Center
120 W. State St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Family Mediation – Teens and their parents sit down with an adult and youth mediator to discuss issues that are getting between them or are difficult to talk about.
- Suicide Prevention and Crisis Service
124 E. Court St., Ithaca, NY 14850
24 Hour Crisisline - 272-1616; Other Services 272-1505
24 hour phone counseling, confidential and anonymous (no names asked)
- Warm Line, Child Development Council
609 W. Clinton St., Ithaca, NY 14850
9:00 - 4:30, Monday - Friday
Confidential help by phone to parents and child care providers with questions about children's behavior and development.